AWHONN offers an excellent benefits package with generous leave, flex time, a pension plan and more. For further information about these positions, please email Nancy Adkins or call her at 202-261-2403.
Accounts Payable Accountant
Professional membership association is seeking a bright and detail oriented
individual to support the Finance & Administration Department by performing
various accounting task.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Process accounts payable invoices and expense reports, issue checks on a weekly and/or ad hoc basis.
- Prepare and monitor fixed assets schedules.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Monitor accounts payable 1099 activity on a quarterly basis and process annual Form1099's.
- Maintain accurate accounts payable files in Great Plains and physical files.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the annual Finance Committee meeting.
- Assist Accounting Manager in daily inventory log/recording process by confirming intake counts and stock.
- Provide assistance during Leadership Conference, Convention or other AWHONN events.
- Assist Accounting Manager with budgeting, quarterly forecasts, and audit.
- Work with auditors at year end by providing them all required audit schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial package.
- Assist in the internal inventory audit.
- Record and monitor accruals and related expenses.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent.
- At least 3 to 4 years of related accounting experience including working with auditors.
- Excellent phone manner and demonstrated outstanding customer service skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately enter and record numeric information in a database in a timely manner.
- Superior skills in working accurately and effectively with numeric information.
- Demonstrated ability and versatility to work both independently as well as with a team environment.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Experience working with and maintaining accounting software applications specifically Great Plains, Peachtree, Solomon or similar applications.
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible and manage multiple priorities.
Please submit resume with cover letter indicating salary requirement to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, AWHONN, 2000 L Street, NW, Suite 740, Washington, DC 20036. Or fax to 202-728-1864, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post your job or resume today at our Nursing Career Center !
Your resume can be viewed by hiring professionals from 65+ prestigious health care associations, and employers can access to more than 1,000,000 potential candidates.