Welcome to the Hillsborough County AWHONN web page. As a committed advocate for nursing education, I plan to provide ongoing offerings that will enhance our practices and keep us up to date on best practice and AWHONN, ACOG and AAP guidelines.
Thank you to all who responded to the Survey Monkey sent Thursday, June 21t. I received 28 responses. The results showed the following:
1. 64% preferred rotating sites for inservices
2. 56% preferred to have inservices every other month
3. 45% preferred Wednesdays
4. 60% preferred meeting time to be 6-8pm, with 63% wanting a set time, not rotating times during the day.
5. 20% offered to be your hospital-specific contact person, for rooms, flyers, etc. Unfortunately I realized the comment field didn’t allow you to send your name. So I will need those who offered to be a hospital contact to email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. I received a great list of inservice topics that will help me plan the upcoming sessions.
Attached are a few pictures from the AWHONN conference last week in Washington, D.C. Several nurses from Florida were there, and many of us gathered at the Gaylord one afternoon for an impromptu Florida Section meeting to brainstorm about the State conference next year. The conference was excellent, with lots of evidence-based seminars, lots of energy and enthusiasm. We were entertained at the opening ceremony by the Marine Honor Guard performing.
Our next inservice will be July 25th, 6pm, at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital, 4th floor Pavilion, Classroom 2. Topic is still in the making, likely will be HIVUpdates~ for pregnant women and newborns.
Please RSVP via email to email@example.com.
Keep in touch, and I hope to see you soon.
Karen Howell, your Hillsborough Chapter Chair
Director Patient Care Services
St. Joseph's Women's Hospital
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital NICU