Proposal Submission Guidelines
Email proposals to email@example.com in the order described below.
Email Subject : (First & Last Name) 2014 AWHONN Research Grant Proposal Submission
A. Proposal Face Sheet and Conflict of Interest Form
- Download Face Sheet and COI Form
- The face sheet and COI forms must be signed and dated, an electronic signature is acceptable.
- List the names and credentials of all investigators on the face sheet. Complete other information for the Principal Investigator only.
B. Table of Contents
The Principal Investigator is responsible for ensuring the table of contents and all page numbers for the sections below correspond.
C. Investigator Biography
A biographical sketch of the Principal Investigator and all other key personnel must be included.
The abstract must be one-page, single-spaced with a minimum text font of 12 points. It is limited to 500 words.
E. Budget and Budget Justification
- Download Budget Form
- The budget form must be integrated into the submission and not sent as separate documents. Please number the budget form pages. See the FAQs for questions pertaining to the budget forms. If you have other questions, contact the Research Project Manager prior to the proposal submission due date.
Length: The narrative is limited to 10 pages. This limit does not include the reference pages. Narratives exceeding 10 pages will not be considered.
Style: Double-spaced with a minimum text font of 12 points, margins must not be smaller than 0.5 on any side.
Content: Each section below
should appear in the narrative.
- 1. Problem
Statement/Specific Aims (Up to 1 page)
- Discuss the broad, long-term objectives and what the specific research proposed in the application is intended to accomplish.
- State the research questions or hypotheses to be tested.
- Describe the background literature leading to the present application, critically evaluate existing knowledge, and specifically identify gaps which the project is intended to fill.
- State concisely the significance for a contribution to women's health, obstetric or neonatal research.
- Explain rationale/framework.
- Identify research design and methods.
- Describe the research design and the procedures that will be used to accomplish the specific aims of the project. Include how the data will be completed, analyzed, and interpreted.
tentative sequence or time-table for the project.
Please Note: The methods section should be organized in the following manner: design, sample (include power analysis), instruments (include reliability and validity of tools), and procedure.
2. Background and Significance
It is strongly preferred and recommended that references are formatted in American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition format. All references should be relevant and current literature.
It is required that the proposal submission include:
- Research instruments related to the proposal
- Letters of support that address available resources and/or feasibility of the project. Each letter must be on official letterhead, signed, and include the contact information of the supporter.
- An email or letter from the IRB committee that states your IRB application has been submitted for approval or exemption by December 1, 2013. The final IRB approval or exemption letter must be received by AWHONN no later than April 1, 2014 at 5pm Eastern Time.
Proposal Submission Due Date: December 1, 2013 at 5pm Eastern Time
Final IRB Approval/Exemption Due Date: April 1, 2014 at 5pm Eastern Time
Submissions must be received electronically no later than December 1 at 5 PM Eastern Time. Incomplete proposals and those sent later than the due date will not be considered.
Please Note: Applicants are advised NOT to include license numbers or social security numbers on applications.
How To Submit
Email Subject: (First & Last Name) 2014 AWHONN Research Grant Proposal Submission
Send the signed face sheet and COI form with the proposal as one full PDF document.
Note: Proposals will not be accepted as more than 1 email attachment. The only acceptable format is pdf.
Receipt of research proposal submission will be acknowledged electronically within 1-2 business days.