Are you prepared to provide care to women undergoing cervical ripening, induction or augmentation?
Learn everything you need to know, from the pharmacological to the methodological, from this comprehensive resource, including:
- Appropriate use of prostaglandin E1/misoprostal and why oxytocin is considered a high alert drug
- Criteria and key concepts to include in unit policies and procedures
One of the foremost experts on the subject, Kathleen Rice Simpson, PhD, RNC, FAAN, presents the latest research-based clinical practices that promote the safest possible care for women and babies who put their trust in you, including:
- Requiring elective labor induction to be limited to women with 39 completed weeks of gestation
- Standardizing oxytocin protocols
- Prioritizing scheduled inductions on the basis of indication and maternal-fetal condition
- Ensuring cervical readiness before induction
- Ensuring uterine tachysystole is addressed appropriately
This is a downloadable product. Upon purchase, you will only receive an electronic version of this product.