For questions or more information on purchasing POEP 3 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(81.9 contact hours available through 12/31/2017)
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Improve Your Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes
The Perinatal Orientation and Education Program (POEP) includes everything you need to provide quality, evidencebased education to your perinatal nursing staff. It is designed
to orient nurses to the perinatal unit and provide continued and advanced education making it a program that will pay for itself many times over.
10 Modules to Improve Care and Safety
POEP’s 10 CD-based modules focus on the essentials necessary for all perinatal nurses. Modules combine video, animation, case studies and competence assessment tools that ensure nurses gain key knowledge and skills.
POEP reflects the current state of science in perinatal nursing. Use POEP as an educational resource to ensure that consistent, high quality care is delivered to women and newborns at your facility. Reward and retain your nurses by offering more than 80 contact hours (CNE).
Proven Return On Investment
- Reduce risk and errors
- Increase staff efficiency
- Drive better patient outcomes
Evaluation and Assessment
Online pre- and post-tests help to assess staff learning needs prior to presenting the
modules and evaluate progress upon completion of each module. Sample case studies and competence assessment tools allow for reinforcement of didactic content in the clinical setting.
- Content updates with the best available clinical evidence and feedback from POEP Second Edition users
- Consists of new, high-quality images and video clips
- Select content evaluated by Canadian reviewers to ensure alignment with Canadian standards and guidelines
- Includes case studies and competency assessments as supplemental learning tools Free access for 50 participants to the online learning program to earn up to 81.9 contact hours (CNE)*
*CNE expires December 31, 2017. Expiration dates may be extended. Please check www.awhonn.org/CNEupdates for current contact hour availability.
- Module I – Preconception and Interconception Health
- Module II – Physiologic and Psychosocial Adaptation to Pregnancy
- Module III - The Process of Labor and Birth
- Module IV – Complications of Pregnancy, Part I
- Module V – Complications of Pregnancy, Part II
- Module VI – Postpartum Assessment and Nursing Care
- Module VII - Newborn Assessment and Care
- Module VIII – Neonatal Complications
- Module IX – Perinatal Safety and Risk Management
- Module X – Perinatal Loss