Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Posted by: Mary Elkordy
The Editor of the Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing (JOGNN) is seeking an author for the Current Resources for Evidence-Based Practice column. This column is published in JOGNN six times per year, and the author serves on an annual, renewable contract with AWHONN.
The purpose of the column is to update readers about new resources available to support the provision of evidence-based clinical care for women and newborns. For the column, the author collates resources from multiple data bases and other sources; writes about a clinical topic or review of the evidence; and provides in-depth syntheses and analyses of two to three recent, evidence-based reviews. An example of the Current Resources for Evidence-Based Practice column is here.
- Doctoral degree with expertise in maternal, newborn, or women’s health nursing
- Thorough understanding of evidence-based practice
- Ability to critically evaluate evidence from multiple research perspectives
- Current record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills using medical terminology, including the ability to succinctly and clearly present information in a scholarly tone
- Mastery of APA style and format
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to adapt to change or new information and meet or work ahead of deadlines
- Interpersonal skills that facilitate obtaining and delivering information
To apply, email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2018:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter describing your interest, qualifications, and vision for the column